Subject: SGI
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Stewart)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 18:24:04 -0500

In a message dated Fri, 5 Jan 1996 13:3 [email-masked] writes:

D> What does you all think about Lightwave on the SGI???

    I was just in a facility that has two new Indigo 2 (extreme's?)
and chatted with the "graphics guy" regarding Lightwave. It's
an educational setting and he was concerned with both the lack
of network rendering and the inability to use the machine's
graphics accelerators (which are just $*&#* amazine from a
productivity standpoint IMHO). Will these issues be addressed
in future releases? Not with a "powerview" style macro but with
integrated texture mapping etc. in both Modeller and Layout?
    I'd have a local University to go to that teaches Lightwave
if they do decide to go that route....

All information will be forwarded to the man making the
purchasing decisions..

Christopher

                **********************************************
   Primordial   * Christopher Stewart   [email-masked] *    Graphics 
      Soup      *      http://www.islandnet.com/~dretch      *      WWW
   Animation    *   Home of the Lightwave 3D Search Engine   *    Training
                **********************************************

* Offline Orbit 0.73c *